Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Seed raising experiment one week on – I’ll let the pictures tell the story:

Seeds in pots:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Seeds in garden bed, in cloches:
 


 
 
 
 




There is even a pea seed starting to sprout in there J.
So - new part to the experiment!  Seed pots now in cloches!!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Seems the warmth and protection made a difference – though I should have accounted for the different soil too I suppose – next time…
The seed pots did actually sprout some pak choi:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And when I checked them at the end of the day, there were two wee pea seeds starting to poke through – interesting…
And since I have never grown a mulberry before, I didn’t know that leaf budding meant fruit budding too J:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Will have to bird net soon.

 

No comments:

Post a comment