Monday 9 September 2013


We met with Richard, our building supervisor this week – and it has got me thinking!  That is always a good thing!!
Here’s what I am thinking - Things to remember!

·        The environment – choose wisely, it may cost more in the beginning, but it will pay for itself in the long run. 

·        The environment – build strongly – using materials is only ever going to be environmentally friendly if they last a long time and you avoid the ‘throw away’ mentality

·        The environment – quicker is not often better – have patience!  (so not my strong point so remind me again and again!)

·        The environment – refuse, reduce, re-use, recycle – in that order.  Keeping this in mind has guided our house planning – refusing to be seduced by gimmicks and gadgets and reducing our wants to our needs – but I need to remember it with choosing building materials too – it is proving too easy to just think (when you are tired) “Just go get what is available” and not remember these principles because they take a bit more thinking and doing.
Life is a long learning curve – I’m happy to oblige :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment