What a difference a day makes!!
Yesterday I was all [insert word for whatever is the bah humbug New Year equivalent] – it was the same old, same old here…but today is much better!
So, as I do, let’s examine what has changed and made it better:
- Read back on some family letters and realised/acknowledged that I am missing some important people in my life – but I get to see many of them again soon J
- Went for a fantastic walk this morning, met a couple of neighbours along the way so we had nice chats and then cooked myself a scrummy breakfast – real coffee (of course), fried tomatoes (I picked them yesterday J), poached egg from our new ‘layer’ “Miss Clucky” (she’s a talker – more info to follow) and a slice of wholemeal sourdough, toasted J.
- Spent some time in the garden J - dug potatoes, watered seeds, composted J.
- Found some bargains at the Vinnies as we dropped No.1 son off for his usual volunteer morning.
- Spent a couple of lovely hours on the beach with the little kids and the puppy and they all played so nicely with lots of other doggies J.
- Home just now for another yum coffee and yummy lunch J.
- Sitting now with worn-out puppy on my lap while I am typing this up J.
This helped too – read it and see if it resonates with you xx.